Monday, December 15, 2008

My life in the Faulkner Family

To say the least, I have become a member of the Faulkner Family. I am very
blessed to have this opportunity, not many people have the opportunity to know
Davis, Campbell, and Rachel, let alone be a active part of their everyday life.
This year has been full of exciting and sad moments in our "Faulkner Family". I
began sitting for Blair and Rachel when Davis was just a little baby, and have
been around all of sweet little Campbell's life. This year in itself has been a
year of bittersweetness. Other than being able to know Rachel and her two
beautiful babies. I knew Blair. I am so excited I can say that. You see Blair
loved his children, his wife, and most importantly God. One of the last
memories I have of Blair is from this past spring, just a few weeks before he
passed away, I was over babysitting the kids and Rachel went to a pilgrimage
here in Columbus. Campbell was so sick and Davis was not feeling well either.
Rachel said she would be home at 4:30... well needless to say, she did not make
it home by 4:30 and Blair arrived first. By the time he got home Campbell had
102 fever and Blair was freaking out. He didn't know what to do, and not being
able to get a hold of Rachel was not helping. He thought he should take baby
Campbell to the ER but unfortunately had no car seats (they were with Rachel).
After multiple times of trying to reach Rachel, Blair called the hospital to
see if maybe she had a wreck and was there, she wasn't. Then he was looking up
the number to the police when she peeped in. Boy, was he upset. I will never
forget him and his love, passion, and concern for his children and his
beautiful wife. Blair is greatly missed in our "Faulkner Family" and throughout
the world.
I say all that to say... My life here with Rachel is so amazing! I could not
ask for a better role model (other than Christ). She has lost two husbands and
is raising two beautiful children. Just this year, Blair passed away, Campbell
started crawling and even walking, Davis is potty trained (Praise God, this
helps so much), Davis turned 3 and Campbell turned 1, they went to Disney over
Thanksgiving, and Rachel has gotten to witness to so many men, women, and
children. Why? Because God is a great God and never fails to be who HE says HE
will be. Something Rachel told me about 2 weeks after loosing Blair has stuck
with me and I will never forget it... she said "I have a choice to make every
morning when I wake up, I can choose to Praise God for who He is and continue
living how He wants me to, or I can choose to sit in my sorrow and morn. I
simply choose to live for Christ."... I was blown away then when those words
first came out of her mouth and I am blown away every time I am reminded of
those words.

This year will be a year that I never forget. I have watched Davis and Campbell
grow up and continue to watch them grow. It is so hard to see how fast time
really flies. I can not believe that they are as old as they are, and that time
goes ever faster the longer I am alive. I can not express how much God has blessed me this past year and continues to bless me every minute I am alive by simply providing the air I breathe. I have felt the Saviors steadfast love for me and seen Him move in my life, and others around me. I will be forever appreciative for being able to share in the memory making of the Faulkner Family. I hold great pride knowing that I can help Davis and Campbell know how much their daddy loved them and continues to love them even though they can not see him. I take even greater pride in knowing I can help teach Christ love to both of them.

Rachel, if you read this post, please know I am so grateful for you and your two beautiful children. I love you all so much! I know that Blair is watching you from Heaven and is so proud of the way you are choosing Christ over sorrow. I know that he loved you more than himself and that he is enjoying his life with Christ "To live is Christ, but to die is gain". Blair sure has gained a lot, and through his life we have received a blessing. I love you Rach, and would be lost without you sharing your amazing life with me. You are such a sweet encourager and I appreciate everything you do for not only me, but Dusty and everyone around you.

Love, Becca

No comments:

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dusty and I were married on July 7th, 2007. We are enjoying life and trying to live it to the fullest. Pray for us and we will for you. Thanks for visiting our blog.