Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas so soon?

Well, our Christmas tree is up! I can't believe I have already put it up but my mother in law is going to put hers up and I wanted them to be up at the same time. That was a lot of ups. Anyway, Dusty and I are really excited about Christmas this year. Not only is it our second Christmas as a married couple we have decided that we are not by any means giving each other presents. I feel as though you get what you need and most of the time what you want all throughout the year why spend money that you don't have on stuff that you don't need? Well, we are not doing that this year, or any year after this. It is important to us that we remember and once children come along that they are reminded that Christmas is NOT about if you got everything on your Chirstmas list or not but that Christ is the only, true Christmas gift. I think people find themselves so wrapped up in getting, getting, getting, giving, giving, giving, that they miss the meaning of Christmas all together. So I urge you this Christmas to lay aside the wants and focus on our need... CHRIST.
I love you all! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
~Rebecca

No comments:

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dusty and I were married on July 7th, 2007. We are enjoying life and trying to live it to the fullest. Pray for us and we will for you. Thanks for visiting our blog.